Positive Feedback Online’s Exchange:
Rules of the House
Welcome to The Exchange, Positive Feedback Online’s buying, selling, and discussion board system. A great development team has been working for the past year to bring our readers a superior marketplace-and-discussion forum, so that you would have the benefit of a top-notch alternative to other options on the Internet. We believe that you’ll find the PFO Exchange to be an attractive, easy-to-use, and powerful interface for your secure online audio buying and selling, as well as a great place to exchange news and views on your favorite audio topics. Our discussion boards will help you to meet with one another, agree or disagree agreeably, and further our audio voyages as we share ideas and information with one another.
In order to assure that all of our readers and customers here at The Exchange have the best possible experience, we have come up with our “Rules of the House.” Human nature being what it is, it’s necessary that we all understand how things will be here at PFO’s Exchange, so that there aren’t any misunderstandings or confusion. We’ll keep this as simple as possible (but no simpler!), for the good of the order here.
If, after reading this statement carefully, you have any questions, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com
. A member of the PFO
Exchange team will respond to all constructive questions as soon as possible.
Dr. David W. Robinson
Positive Feedback Online
1. The culture of PFO and the PFO Exchange is one of creativity, cooperation, community, and collaboration. This has been true of Positive Feedback since the beginning, all the way back in 1990. We expect that our guests here will understand and respect our commitment to this culture, and will conduct themselves accordingly. If this does not interest you, we cordially invite you to go somewhere else.
2. The PFO Exchange operates on an assumption of mutual respect and courtesy among all of its users. The Golden Rule applies; when in doubt, ask yourself, “Would mom or dad or my first-grade teacher approve?”
3. The PFO Exchange exists for the benefit of its users, and will take all reasonable steps to assure proper operation, security, and uptime, but cannot and does not guarantee security, data integrity, or uptime. There is no warranty of operation, or of satisfaction with operations or transactions done via this system. Please proceed accordingly, and maintain proper backups of all transactions, important communications, and files at your end, and be philosophical if technical problems with our system do occur.
4. The PFO Exchange (including its owners, operators, officers, employees, consultants, or affiliates) accepts no liability for losses/damages of any kind arising from your use of our site or services here. You agree to use the PFO Exchange at your own risk; if you do not agree to do so, do NOT use this site. By using it, you are agreeing to all terms and conditions of the PFO Exchange.
5. In using the PFO Exchange, you are agreeing to indemnify and hold harmless the PFO Exchange, its owners, officers, and any and all other related personnel, consultants, or affiliates from any claim or demand, including legal fees, made by any third party or interest, due to your direct/consequential use of the PFO Exchange or any breach of these terms and conditions.
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions outlined in these “Rules of the House,” please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you are not willing to accept these terms and conditions after they are explained, then please do NOT use the PFO
7. The PFO Exchange reserves the right to interpret/enforce its “Rules of the House” as it sees fit, and to deny service/access to anyone who does not conduct himself or herself according to these terms and conditions.
8. The PFO Exchange reserves the right to alter/amend/extend these “Rules of the House” as it sees fit, without the consent/approval of its users. Any such change will be announced in an appropriate section of the PFO Exchange.
1. The PFO Exchange is available to subscribers only. At the current time, subscription is free, but requires that users register with real contact information…no handles, pseudonyms, or proxies, please.
2. Registration and use of the PFO Exchange is limited to individuals 18 years of age and older. By registering, you are signifying that you meet this requirement.
Buying and Selling
1. Subscribers to the PFO Exchange are welcome to post ads to sell, or to seek to buy, new or used audio/video gear, using the system provided by the PFO Exchange. This includes classified listings, our auction system, and any ad-based system that might be in operation on our system.
2. There is a fee for posting for-sale listings at the PFO Exchange. That fee will be charged per item (not per customer) via credit card at the point that a customer completes his or her listing. This fee is non-refundable, and will allow a posting to remain for thirty (30) days. At the end of that time, the posting will become inactive. If you wish to renew it, you can do so, and will be charged for another month’s listing.
3. The accuracy of the details and images of a customer’s for-sale listing are solely the responsibility of the selling party. Positive Feedback Online, the PFO Exchange, and all members of the PFO editorial/business community disclaim any responsibility/accountability for any errors, misstatements, inaccuracies, or untruths that any seller using the PFO Exchange system commits in their listing’s content or images. Buyers and sellers agree to indemnify and hold harmless Positive Feedback Online, the PFO Exchange, and all PFO personnel in the event of an unsatisfactory transaction, theft, damage, fraud, misrepresentation, and so on.
4. Buyers should use due diligence in their purchasing decisions. The PFO Exchange accepts no responsibility for outbreaks of “buyer’s regret,” and will provide no recourse for problematic transactions.
5. All transactions will be accomplished by buyers and sellers outside of the PFO Exchange system. Buyers and sellers may use credit cards, PayPal™, checks, or any other way to complete their transaction. Shipping and insurance will likewise be arranged by the buyer and seller in a mutually agreeable manner.
6. When in doubt about the good faith of a buyer or seller, it is recommended that the parties find a mutually agreeable and reputable online escrow service. The PFO Exchange makes no representations for such services, and will not be involved in securing any buying/selling services for transactions here.
7. All buying and selling activity must be done in the buying and selling sections. The messaging system and the discussion boards are not to be used to solicit buying or selling.
Billing disputes and charge-backs are only allowed within 30 days of a transaction. All such disputes must be submitted to email@example.com
. Note that these billing disputes only extend to charges for the fees incurred through buying and selling on the PFO
Exchange, or for advertising charges. No disputes of the actual transactions between a buyer and a seller can be disputed with the PFO
Exchange, nor do we provide any mediation or arbitration services; those problems must be taken up directly with the buyer or seller.
1. The PFO Exchange board is for postings about any aspect of audio and audio-related video. This runs the gamut from Edison cylinders, 78s, and mono to all varieties of modern audio reproduction.
2. All audio/music lovers are welcome here. This includes industry professionals, distributors, retailers, designers, musicians, and so on. They are welcome to contribute co-equally here, and are not to be attacked for their professional/commercial status. But…
3. …postings are postings; advertisements are advertisements. Don’t confuse the two. All postings must be informational, and not infomercials. If you want to advertise, buy an ad! They’re affordable.
4. Please use your real name when registering; no monikers, no pseudonyms. If you don’t have the courage to use your own name, then we’ll assume that you don’t have the courage of your convictions.
5. The PFO Exchange accepts no responsibility for the content of the postings of its users. We will be monitoring traffic, and will exercise our right to delete postings/ban hostile and offensive people, but we cannot guarantee that we will always notice every little thing. Please be patient, as it can take time to balance freedom with our culture and make a decision.
6. Defamatory or libelous statements will not be tolerated. Upon finding such postings, the PFO Exchange will delete them. If you post such statements, you will be reminded that we do not allow this. Any further such postings will lead to a permanent ban from our site.
7. Our users are welcome to bring offensive or problematic postings to our attention. No guarantee of action is made, but we will consider all such complaints and act as we see fit.
8. Resist the temptation to correct spelling/grammar/writing mechanics in the postings of others as the main point of your response. “Spelling wars” are generally useless, though it is recommended that all posters try to get it right, eh?
9. Regarding vulgarity: try to avoid the overuse of George Carlin’s “Seven Words You Can’t Say on TV,” but we recognize that strong feelings are sometimes appropriately punctuated by strong words. We’re all adults here…well, pretty much…but try to avoid extremes of expression.
10. No mud on the carpets. You are free to post your comments and opinions, and welcome to disagree with one another, but please do so agreeably.
11. This means no flames, no ad hominem attacks, no drive-by postings, no name-calling, and no obnoxiousness for its own sake. No dissing of people or their audio/video gear. Fight temptation!
12. Do not post any material in any format that is protected by copyright.
13. You are welcome to post links to other sites, but they must be legitimate, non-harmful sites.
14. Some discussion threads are well-known dead horses: for example, Double-Blind Testing (DBT), worldview flame fests about audio tweakery, and the like, have a rapidly diminishing return very quickly. Try to avoid wasting bytes and bites on this sort of thing, unless you don’t mind being shunned.
15. All postings are the property of their authors; PFO Exchange assumes no ownership or copyrights on the postings of its members.
16. The PFO Exchange will not share the confidential information of its members, including email addresses, or re-sell any content that is posted here.